Trigger finger can be treated through a procedure called trigger finger release.
This procedure involves releasing the pulley of the affected finger to allow the tendon to glide more freely and may be recommended if non-surgical treatment options do not offer improvement.
Using a device called UltraGuideTFR – and real-time ultrasound guidance – your doctor can perform TF in a matter of minutes through one small incision. After the procedure, you’ll be able to resume normal activities as tolerated. And, most patients experience immediate relief of symptoms. 1-3
Benefits of Trigger Finger Release
- Faster return to normal activities versus traditional open TR surgery
- Performed in a procedure room or office setting
- Typically performed using local anesthesia
- Small incision usually closed without sutures
- Reduce or eliminate the need for opioids
- Most patients experience immediate resolution of trigger finger mechanical symptoms
To learn more about Trigger Finger, visit our partner Sonex Health